Tuesday, June 7, 2022
Online technology advances have made it possible for individuals, corporations, and municipal entities to keep pace with the demand for more rapid and secure services across every aspect of notarial acts. The ability to communicate and conduct these business or personal services is now operative and available worldwide through the NY Notary Public Services platform.
Notarization of personal and corporate documents across all categories and business segments can now be done from the convenience of a computer using our Remote Online Notarization technology.
A remote notarization is a form of notarization where the notary officiates the document remotely through audio-visual technology and other security protocols. Remote notarization can be performed by a notary public with traditional ink (e.g., pen) or an electronic signature.
Effective 2/25/22, remote notarization is now authorized and active in New York State, and the New York county clerk and other government offices will accept remotely notarized documents for the record per section 135-c of the executive law.
How Remote Online Notarization works in New York
- The notary must identify the remote signor (also known as the “principal”) of the document. The signor must go through credential analysis, and identity proofing using a valid photo ID to verify identity.
- Real-time interaction between the signor and the notary public where the notary witnesses the singer execute the document through secure audio-video technology.
- After the remote signor has executed the document, The signor electronically sends (email, upload, or fax) a legible copy of the document with signature to the notary.
- The notary then stamps and notarizes the transmitted document and sends it back to the signor.
- The signor may additionally request a physical copy of the notarized document. The signed & dated original must be mailed to the notary and received within 30 days of execution. Additional fees apply for this step.
Remote Online Notarization
Available Monday - Saturday, 10:30 am - 8 pm. EST
Same-day appointments for online notarizations are available nationwide.
Appointments are conducted securely using audio-video technology and recorded by New York State law.
We support the following audio-video tools.